Wednesday, October 8, 2014

27) Apple Cider Slush


This weekend we made our first trip to Weber's Farm, one of the girls most favorite Fall visits. Top on the girls list to do there are the hayride, the giant slide and choose a pumpkin. Top on my list are apple cider donuts and apple cider slush's. Some people like pumpkin spice but for me Fall doesn't really start till I get to have an apple cider slush. The only down side to the apple cider slush is that is is only available in the Fall and to be honest I kind of want apple cider slush's during the other 3 seasons too. 

                                                                                                                                                                                        

A few weeks ago my friend told me about how she and her son had made homemade lemonade slush's just using lemonade and their ice cream maker. She said it was so easy (she was 9 months pregnant at the time and looking for fun easy things to keep her boys occupied) and they were delicious. As delicious as a lemonade slush sounded all I could think was " I wonder if it would work with apple cider?"
                                                                                                                                                                             

It did!! She was right, so easy! All we did was pour most of a half gallon jug of apple cider right into our frozen ice cream maker (We have a Cuisinart Ice cream maker but really probably any would work) and turn it on. After just a few minutes it looked like a slush. I'm not sure why but I was expecting it to take longer and was in the middle of making dinner when the slush's seemed done. So i let the machine run a little longer and then turned it off. After dinner the slush's were perfect and everyone in our family agreed that they were as good as Weber's. Our littlest pumpkin is going to be 1 next week (I cant Believe he is 1 already) and I was thinking apple cider slush's might be a perfect October birthday party treat.


16 comments:

  1. Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. you’re doing a great job. Keep it up
    A fantastic read
    Click here
    see it here
    More info

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I Love it...
    and i thing thats good for you >>


    MOVIE Trailer Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your article. It is very intresting and valuable to us. I admit the valuable information you offer in this content. Thanks for sharing with us.Cream Boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post was truly great and I am grateful for it. It proved to be immensely helpful to me and I truly appreciate that. I am always on the lookout for quality content to read and your post provided that for me.

    ReplyDelete